Assertive Behaviour and Building Confidence
6 Hours (excluding breaks) Practical Training Certificate of Attendance
Assertiveness is a form of behaviour which demonstrates your self-respect and respect for others. As it is a behaviour, it is something that with practice can be learned and improved on.
Too often people get taken advantage of because of their passive nature, unable to challenge or stand up for themselves, others can be accused of being overly aggressive when in testing situations, making them less approachable. This course is designed to help the attendee understand their own preferences and tendencies and work to improve moving from passive or aggressive to a more assertive person which in turn builds self-esteem and confidence. The focus is on both choice and being able to get your point across in a way where everyone is satisfied.
Where and When?
At your venue on a date and time to suit your group (min 6 delegates)
Who Should attend?
This course has been designed for anyone who deals with different personalities and difficult situations in the workplace; customers, colleagues or managers and want to be confident in what they say and do.
Tutor-led training with one of our experienced trainers who will guide you through all the theory and the practical skills. Designed to be interactive, engaging, fun and memorable.
- The importance of managing change
- Self – awareness, relationships and society
- Human behaviour and our own preferences
- Defining assertiveness and exploring its benefits
- Difference between aggressive, passive and assertive behaviour
- Explore how mindfulness can help with asserting yourself
- Discover what verbal and non-verbal communication is and how it can improve assertiveness
- The games we play – principles of transactional analysis
- The importance of listening
- It’s ok the say No
- The key ingredients to assertive conversations
- Applying assertive techniques in different situations
- Develop a strategy for assertive communication and conflict resolution
- Set goals and develop an action plan
The course lasts 6 hours (excluding breaks) which takes place over one day and will include both theory and practical sessions.
- Informal assessment during practical exercises
- An Assertiveness Training Workbook
- An Assertiveness Skills Action Plan
- If a pre course assessment or questionnaire is required, this will be sent to the attendee prior to the training date via email
- Certificate of attendance
Open Programme £225 +VAT per person
Group bookings of up to 16 people £1600 +VAT